Local News Headlines
- News Minute: Here is the latest Iowa news from The Associated Press at 3:40 a.m. CDT
Iowa's largest utility is in the midst of a $3.6 billion investment in wind power and intends to keep spending on the towers with a goal of producing 100 percent of its energy from renewable sources. The Des Moines...
- Iowa's largest utility aims to produce only renewable energy
Iowa's largest utility is in the midst of a $3.6 billion investment in wind power and intends to keep spending on the towers with a goal of producing 100 percent of its energy from renewable sources.
- Rare Central newt found in eastern Iowa during field trip
Some Iowa City Community School District students snagged an interesting find on a recent nature field trip: a rare Central newt.
- Iowa man accused of grabbing wheel before crash charged
A passenger in a March single-vehicle crash has been charged with causing the wreck.
- Hancock County to consider 5,000-head hog confinement
A 5,000-head hog confinement has been proposed in north-central Iowa's Hancock County.
- Keokuk memorabilia sought for depot museum open house
The Keokuk Union Depot museum area is now displaying depot artifacts and history.
- Iowa sites to accepts unwanted, unused prescription drugs
Cities around Iowa will participate in the federal Drug Enforcement Administration's Drug Take-Back Day on Saturday.
- Firefighters pull man from underneath overturned tractor
Firefighters in southwestern Iowa have rescued a man trapped under an overturned tractor.
- Judges seal warrants related to arrest of 'Bachelor' star
Judges are sealing warrants that let police obtain blood and urine samples from "The Bachelor" star Chris Soules and to enter his home after a fatal Iowa crash.
- Eagle 'chop shop' case offers window into trafficking trade
A two-year undercover operation that led to indictments against 15 people for illegally trafficking eagles and other migratory birds uncovered what one prosecutor called a "chop shop" for eagles.
National News Headline
- Hacker claims release of stolen copies of Netflix series
A hacker is claiming to have stolen the upcoming season of Netflix's hit series "Orange Is The New Black," and is asking for an unspecified ransom not to release the entire fifth season online.
- Official: Deaths reported, dozens hospitalized after tornado
Authorities say fatalities have been reported and dozens of people were taken to hospitals after a tornado hit the small East Texas city of Canton.
- Absent glitter and Trump, journalists honor press freedom
The annual dinner of the White House Correspondents' Association is taking place Saturday night without its traditional star.
- Thousands brave weather to protest Trump climate policies
Thousands of people across the country are marking President Donald Trump's hundredth day in office by marching in protest of his environmental policies.
- 1 dead amid flooding, strong thunderstorms in Midwest
Flooding caused by heavy rains in the Midwest has killed one person in Missouri, prompted numerous rescues and blocked roadways.
- LA peace parades mark 25th anniversary of Rodney King riots
The 25th anniversary of the Los Angeles riots is being commemorated with peaceful marches and calls for a better future.
- AP Explains: Can chronic meth use lead to psychosis?
AP Explains: Can chronic meth use lead to psychosis?.
- Los Angeles deputies search for pair in rampage that kills 1
Authorities say a man shot by a carjacker who went on a shooting rampage through several Los Angeles suburbs has died.
- Investments in Russia become focus in congressional race
Financial disclosures filed by Republican Greg Gianforte in his bid for congress show $240,000 in investments in Russian firms under sanction by the U.S. government.
- The Latest: Hacker releases stolen copies of Netflix series
A hacker claims to have followed through on a threat to release several episodes from the upcoming season of Netflix's hit series "Orange Is The New Black.".
- Bandits avenge only loss with win over West Michigan
Four different players rushed for touchdowns, led by Dominique Carson's three scores, and the Bandits exacted revenge on West Michigan on Saturday, 47-37.
- Morningside closes regular season with sweep of Northwestern
See highlights of the Morningside and Northwestern baseball teams, and check out Saturday's SportsFource Scoreboard.
- Four Hawkeyes, one Husker picked in NFL Draft
The NFL Draft started on Thursday, and seven Iowa players were listed as potential prospects. Not many people expected quarterback C.J. Beathard to be the first Hawkeye taken off the board. But that was the reality late on Friday night.
- Houlihan finishes fourth in Rio Rematch
Shelby Houlihan rarely lost a race at the Drake Relays as a runner at Sioux City East. An eight-time Drake Champion, Houlihan was back in Iowa to run in a special 1,500 meter race dubbed the 'Rio Rematch'.
- Musketeers whip Waterloo to open Western Conference Finals
The Musketeers beat Waterloo, 5-2, on Friday to open the USHL Western Conference Finals. Sioux City jumped out to a big lead but had to hold on for the victory.
- Explorers sign a pair of catchers
The Sioux City Explorers have signed catchers Dylan Kelly and Collin Leif to 2017 American Association contracts.
- First place Morningside widens GPAC softball lead
10th-ranked Morningside swept Dakota Wesleyan on Thursday to widen their lead in the GPAC. See the highlights and the SportsFource scoreboard.
- Houlihan returns to Drake Relays for 'Rio Rematch'
Sioux City East grad Shelby Houlihan first made a name for herself at the Drake Relays. Houlihan is back in Iowa to run at Drake again in a special 1,500 meter race, dubbed the "Rio Rematch".
- Musketeers expect plenty of shots in Conference Finals
The top two seeds will meet in the Western Conference Final, when the Musketeers host Waterloo on Friday in Game 1. These two teams have a lot in common.
- Dordt's Gingerich named GPAC Baseball Player of the Week
Dordt’s Cameron Gingerich is this week’s GPAC/Hauff Mid-America Sports baseball player-of-the-week. Gingerich hit .550 with a .700 slugging percentage on the week.
Headlines from KTIV News